After an accident:
- Call 9-1-1 and report the accident. Ask the responding officer to complete a police report, and obtain the report number. This is vital to your insurance claim.
- Take photos of the position of the vehicles and the damage to the vehicles before the vehicles are moved.
- Immediately seek medical treatment. Florida law requires that you seek medical treatment with 14 days of the accident to be entitled to your No-Fault insurance benefits of $10,000.00. If you wait to see a doctor beyond 14 days, you may lose these benefits that you pay for every month.
- Contact an attorney! Do not discuss the accident with any insurance company before you speak with an attorney. When you hire Christine Law, P.A., we will handle every step of the insurance process including reporting the claim. Despite their catchy jingles and endearing spokespeople, insurance companies will find any way possible to deny your insurance claim. We will protect you during the entire process.
Common Mistakes to Avoid After an Auto Accident:
- Not seeking immediate medical treatment.
- Not being consistent with medical care.
- Not hiring an attorney.
- Not staying in contact with your attorney.
- Not showing up at appointments scheduled by your attorney or medical doctor.
Contact Christine Law, P.A. today at (941) 548-9555, and we will send an attorney to you for FREE. We take pride in offering personal and individualized representation for our clients. We are here to help you in your greatest time of need. We seek justice with purpose, and we make insurance companies pay!