During the holidays, Sarasota, Florida and many other locations experience an uptick in DUIs. The holiday season brings more celebrations where alcohol is present; even those who rarely drink may join a toast during this time of year.
This holiday season, let’s all come together and take the necessary precautions to ensure our safety on the roads. By following a few simple tips, we can celebrate in peace without any fear of being involved in an unfortunate car accident:
- To stay safe, arrange for a designated driver ahead of time. Have candid conversations with your friends and family about the dangers associated with DUIs and create an a plan on how everyone will have a safe way home.
- To ensure you have a safe ride home, call a cab in advance – this way, there’s no need to worry about having your car with you and the temptation of drinking and driving is eliminated.
- If you’re searching for a cheaper and more convenient way to get around town, then why not give ride sharing services a try? These handy apps are becoming increasingly popular among travelers who want an affordable and stress-free way to get from point A to B.
- If you’re planning to attend an event, enquire in advance whether there will be any alcohol served. You might prefer to participate at gatherings where no liquor is available. Don’t forget that family-friendly events are viable options!
- Consider booking a hotel room for the night. Staying in a hotel is an ideal choice if you’ve been drinking, as it saves you money on pricey taxi fares back home and eliminates any difficulties getting around.
- Host your celebration at home and keep the numbers low to ensure a safe environment. Offer those attending an opportunity to stay overnight, so that no one has to drive while under the influence of alcohol. If you are serving alcoholic beverages, ask everyone for their car keys upon arrival as part of a zero-tolerance policy on drinking and driving. Moreover, make sure that drinks stop being served early in order to maintain safety before guests depart from your event.
The Christine Law Team Is Wishing Everyone A Safe And Happy New Year!