If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you’re probably wondering how much your case is worth. It’s natural to want to know what kind of compensation you can expect to receive, especially if you’re facing expensive medical bills and lost wages.
When you sit down for a free personal injury case evaluation with a Sarasota car accident attorney, your lawyer will be able to evaluate the specific details of your situation and give you an estimate of how much your personal injury lawsuit could be worth. In general, you can receive compensation from your personal injury protection policy, your insurance company, or the at-fault driver’s insurance company for all the losses you suffer in a car accident.
The major damages you can recover include:
- Medical Expenses – If you were hurt due to another person’s negligence, you might be able to receive compensation for your medical care, doctor bills, hospital costs, healthcare, personnel costs, medical treatment, equipment rentals, physical therapy, rehabilitation costs, and other injury-related expenses.
- Property Damage – Not only can you recover damages for your personal injuries, but you may also be able to get compensation for the costs of repairing or replacing your car.
- Lost Wages – If you have been forced to take time off work and have lost income from doing so, those lost wages are damages you can recover. You will need to provide copies of previous pay stubs to demonstrate what you would have made if you had not missed the work.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – If your injuries are so severe that you cannot return to work, or can only do limited hours/work, you will experience a long-term loss in income. While this may feel like permanent damage, it’s actually possible to recover these damages.
- Pain and suffering – You can recover compensation for the physical pain and suffering you experience due to your injuries and their effects.
- Loss of Motor Function – Car accident victims can be left with an impairment of fine motor skills they have acquired throughout their life. For those in professions such as computer programming or jewelry making, losing even a small part of those abilities can have detrimental consequences down the road.
- Emotional Damages – Victims of accidents that result in the loss of physical or mental function can suffer long-term emotional damage. For example, scarring can reduce self-confidence and social skills. Personal injury victims can also experience the loss of previous mental or physical skills which can diminish the victim’s ego by reducing their ability to work and earn a living. This can sadly lead to depression and the overall inability to enjoy life.
A Sarasota personal injury lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve
Being involved in an accident that results in personal injury can be devastating. You may not know where to turn or what to do next, but speaking with a Sarasota personal injury attorney is always a good first step. A qualified attorney will know how to investigate your car accident and collect the necessary evidence for a successful personal injury lawsuit. Plus, it costs you nothing! At Christine Law, P.A. we provide free consultations 7 days a week. Don’t wait! If you’ve been in an accident, call us immediately at (941) 548-9555.