PIP” stands for personal injury protection and in “no-fault states” like Florida, it is required insurance coverage through your personal auto insurance company.

Essentially, when you are involved in a car accident, PIP pays 80% of your medical expenses, lost wages, and other incidentals up to the required $10,000.00, regardless of who is at-fault for the crash.  But, what if your injuries and medical damages exceed $10,000? Who pays for those bills?

Also, if PIP only pays 80%, who pays the other 20%?  

The reality is YOU pay for those medical expenses unless you hire an attorney right away to protect your rights and seek compensation for you. Don’t pay for someone else’s negligence! 

How Long After An Auto Accident Can You Sue?

Florida law requires that you file your personal injury claim within 4 years, otherwise known as the Statute of Limitations.  However, you should never wait to consult with an attorney after being in a car accident because evidence disappears! 

After a car accident, you should call 911 and then call an attorney immediately. The sooner you act, the better chance you have of collecting evidence and building a strong case. Obtaining strong evidence can help especially if your insurance company attempts to devalue your claim. A qualified attorney will know how to investigate your car accident and collect the necessary evidence for a successful personal injury lawsuit. Plus, it costs you nothing! At Christine Law, P.A. we provide free consultations 7 days a week. Don’t wait! If you’ve been in an accident, call us immediately at (941) 548-9555

How Much Can I Receive For Pain And Suffering Due To A Car Accident?

No two car accidents are alike, and neither are the settlement amounts for pain and suffering. There is no definite sum of money that accident victims receive on average. However, without hiring an experienced attorney, statistics prove that your claim will resolve for 3-5 times LESS than it would have if you had hired an attorney to represent you. 

When you meet with Christine Law, P.A.,  we will discuss how much your personal injury claim may be worth. We will assess the overall strengths of your case, the emotional anguish and physical pain you have experienced since your accident, and the day-to-day hardships you now endure in order to fully value your case. 

Insurance companies are in the business of denying and delaying claims. If there was a previous case in which the victim was awarded $25,000 for an injury comparable to yours, the company may offer you a similar amount. The insurance companies don’t look at you as an individual and don’t evaluate claims solely on merit.  Only with an experienced attorney advocating for you will you have the best chance of getting maximum justice for your injuries. 

An insurance company won’t have your best interests at heart when calculating how much they are willing to pay you for pain and suffering, so it is important to hire Christine Law, P.A. to advocate for your interests and settle your claim for its highest value. 

Consult A Qualified Sarasota Car Accident Lawyer Today

Have you been in a car accident? Christine Law has the experience needed to guide you through your legal options. Don’t wait, it can cost you. Call (941) 548-9555 or use our online consultation form to speak to an attorney today!